Apple typically only releases updates to its macOS operating system for devices that are currently supported. This means that you may not be able to install the latest macOS updates if your device is no longer supported by Apple. In some cases, third-party tools may be available to help you install updates on unsupported devices, but these are not supported by Apple and may not be reliable. In general, it’s best to use a supported device if you want to ensure you can install the latest macOS updates and benefit from new features and improvements. You don’t want to buy a new device because your MacBook is still in good physical condition? Then download the latest macOS version here and patch it using the following software .
If you use the App Store or your browser instead of the software update, your Mac may need more storage space to download macOS and complete the installation.
- Click the link to open the App Store page for this macOS.
- In the App Store, click the Download button to download the macOS installer.
- After the installer is downloaded to your Applications folder, it will open automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS.
- Click the link to download a disk image (.dmg) file for the corresponding macOS.
- Double-click the .dmg file to open it and view the .pkg file inside.
- Double-click the .pkg file and then follow the on-screen instructions. This will install the macOS installer into your Applications folder.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the macOS installer named “Install [version name].” Follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS.